Avocado Oil for hair and skin - BENEFITS AND HOW TO APPLY
Avocado, with its rich composition of vitamins, antioxidants, and monounsaturated fats, offers promising results against various hair and skin problems. It’s time to discover those secrets and use it for your benefits. Let’s get started.
Benefits of Avocado Oil for the skin and hair
- Pure avocado oil is rich in Vitamins E, A and D, and many Omega-3 fatty acids. It also contains lecithin and potassium that can nourish the skin and hair.
- The vitamins and antioxidants present in the avocado oil help to heal irritated, dry and flaky skin. Especially people suffering from eczema, dandruff, and psoriasis can greatly benefit from it.
- Avocado oil has anti-inflammatory properties and, when left for a short period of time on the affected areas, can reduce acne inflammation.
- The antioxidants present in the oil can help in sunburn.
- Avocado oil makes the hair and skin look glossy and smooth without an overpowering smell or stickiness.
How to use it for skin?
- Use natural cold-pressed avocado oil as a facial moisturizer. If you have dry skin, then use avocado oil as a moisturizer at night and wash it off in the morning. If you have oily to combination skin, then leave it for a few minutes as a treatment mask. You can also make face masks with this oil with other ingredients like honey and aloe Vera gel. It will soothe and hydrate the skin.
- Use it in your bath to moisturize your whole body. Add a few drops of avocado oil along with your favorite essential oil like lavender or peppermint to give a refreshing, moisturizing, and calming experience to your whole body.
How to use it for hair?
- Take a small amount of avocado oil and warm it slightly in the microwave. You can also add your preferred essential oil or other oils like coconut oil. Use the oil to massage the scalp in a small circular motion all over. Do this for at least thirty minutes. The oil massage will help to stimulate growth as well as treat the scalp. Wash it off with mild soap and cold water
- Use pure avocado oil to create a DIY hair mask. Use the oil, honey, lemon, egg yolk, or curd and make a mixture. Adjust the quantity as per your hair length and thickness. Keep the masks for at least two hours and rinse thoroughly with a mild shampoo. It will give strength and luster to your hair.
- If you have dry and damaged hair, then take a small amount of avocado oil and run it through your hair. This will act as a leave-in conditioner.
Look for a 100% pure and natural, cold pressed avocado oil and use it for 4-6 weeks for best results